Tuesday, June 30, 2009

13 Year Old Commits To Tennessee

Evan Berry is 13 years old, is the younger brother of Tennessee All-American Eric Berry and hasn't played a game of high school football yet he has verbally committed to the Vols.

By NCAA rule, Tennessee can't offer a scholarship to an athlete that young and the Vols haven't offered one to Evan Berry.

Berry told Rival.com who first reported the story: "It's the only college I know right now and it seems the best for me," Berry, 13, said. "My dad went there and my brother is there now. I know I can do the same things there. I have a real friendly relationship with the coaches there. I don't know them too well, but I know I will have plenty of time to get to know them."

Evan, who will begin his high school career at Creekside High School in Fairburn, GA is projected to be a quarterback or safety, just like his big brother.

Let's see how his high school career progresses and if he changes his commitment along the way.



No comments: