Wednesday, June 3, 2009

ARCA's Version of "Let's Make A Deal"

((HT: Birmingham News/Doug Demmons))

If you wanted to offer some sort of special incentive for a race car driver to win (beyond the normal impulse just to win) you'd probably have to put up some big numbers to get everyone's attention -- like $1 million to win the Sprint All-Star race.

Doesn't take that much in the ARCA Series, however. Alli Owens ((pictured, thanks al.com)), who finished sixth at Talladega while running a limited schedule for Eddie D'Hondt's team, has a little extra incentive to win at Pocono this week.

"Eddie and I have a bet on the Pocono race," she said. "If I win, he's going to buy me a lawn mower. I just moved into a new house earlier this year and my yard is a mess. I don't have a mower yet and my grass is getting out of control. Of course I'd love to win the race regardless of the bet, but a new mower sure would be nice."
Alli did not elaborate if she wanted a riding or a push mower...

No comments: