The Dozen is Back...
I know that I just went on a rant about how stupid early season polls are, but we here at the OSG have decided that we want to do them too. Because of that I have to give you a list. Though if things don't change, I may protest the 1st 5 weeks of the 2009 season on principle.
1. Southern Cal (They were here last week and beating anyone from the ACC is like a scrimmage game)
2. Georgia (Losing Jeff Owens hurts, but the offense is pretty darn good)
3. Oklahoma (They don't play anyone, but if they did, they'd still be here)
4. Ohio State (Without Beanie, they'll be in trouble-I can't believe I'm talking about someone named Beanie)
5. Florida (They made Hawaii look bad too, but really, Hawaii is kinda bad)
6. LSU (Can you say Ryan who? They will be fine...for now)
7. Texas (I have them fairly high, we'll see if it lasts)
8. Missouri (No defense here, the offense is good, but if they can't stop anyone, they will eventually get beat)
9. Auburn (They are going to be tough, better as the year goes)
10. Alabama (Manhandled Clemson, but they may not be such a big deal now)
11. West Virginia (I just don't know if they are this good, not sold)
12. Lousiana Tech (Just because. Derek Dooley is a pretty good coach, not a team you will want to face this year)
The Fab 5 (or the worst of the worst)
5. Michigan (Ha Ha!)
4. Notre Dame (Just because)
3. Syracuse (Again, just because)
2. Dave Wannstedt (He couldn't win in the pros, he hasn't won in college)
1. The Winner for the worst of the Week- THE ACC. (Guys, if Clemson is the best you've got, you are in deep, deep doo-doo. Can't wait for Hoops already, eh!)
And there you have it.