Sunday, September 21, 2008

"Faldo Fails at Valhalla"


That's the key line from the perspective of the Sky Sports broadcasters at the Ryder Cup from this weekend...

Those of us at OSG HQ really dig Anthony Kim's belt buckle ((thanks, Pam Spaulding/Louisville Courier-Journal))

The clincher is down below from their point of view ((thanks, Sky Sports and the youtube))...
Spain's Miguel Angel Jimenez goes for his putt against Jim Furyk...
Furyk's post-match reaction follows...

The rest... you know...

Doug Ferguson got some time with Kenny Perry, one of the two native sons playing for the Stars and Stripes this weekend ((JB Holmes is the other))...

“I figured this was going to define my career,” he said. “But you know what? It made my career.”

“I poured my heart and soul into this for two years,” U.S. captain Paul Azinger said, his voice cracking. “The players poured their heart and soul into this for one week. They deserved it. I couldn’t be happier.”

The Louisville Courier-Journal's coverage is in blue...


Huzzahs and hurrahs to Captain 'Zinger and the boys that brought the trophy back to this end of the Atlantic Ocean. The next round is in Wales in two years.

No comments: