Saturday, June 6, 2009

Ochocinco + Diva = Slacker

For those who work their butt off just for the opportunity to play in the National Football League than you should be very pissed at Chad Ochocinco of the Cincinnati Bengals. It's no secret Ochocinco wants out of Cincy and will do whatever he can to make that happen including slacking off or just not giving a damn.

Here's what Ochocinco said Friday on the NFL Network.

"I'm not even going to lie to you, I'm going to say it. Last year, the offseason, I didn't lift one weight, I didn't run one route, I didn't exercise. I didn't do nothing because my focus was on getting out of a situation I didn't want to be in. I'm not going to lie," Ochocinco said.



“And the result of my season, whether we as a team did bad or not, that’s what I get. I get hurt in the preseason. I didn’t lift no weights. If I had been on my right regiment, I guarantee you my collarbone, my shoulder wouldn’t pop out of place. The ankle surgery, you know.”

2008 was Ochocinco's worst season since his rookie season of 2001. Last year he only caught 53 balls for 540 yards and 4 touchdowns. Like Ochocinco cares.

Ochocinco says he will report to the Bengals mandatory mini-camp on June 18 and according to the prima donna, things are fine between him a Bengal quarterback Carson Palmer.

“There is no 85 without 9, and there is no 9 without 85." Ochocinco said. The first part is right the latter, dude get a clue.

Here's some advice for you Mr. Ochocinco. Stop being a jackass and a publicity whore. Eat a large piece of humble pie, shut your mouth and play football.

How does the UFL sound.



Photo Courtesy: Andy Lyons/Getty Images



No comments: