Sunday, October 25, 2009

Richards Gets No Suspension For Booth Hit


((HT: CSN Philly/TSN))

According to Philadelphia Flyers GM Paul Holmgren, Brad Richards will not be getting a suspension for his shoulder-to-jaw smash on Florida Panthers winger David Booth ((pictured, thanks CP)) Saturday night.

"I'm never out there to hurt anyone," Richards said after the game. "I have respect for the game and respect for the players. My concern is with him. Hopefully, he's fine and gets better. I just wanted to separate him from the puck. He dished it off and everything happened so quickly. I don't have a history of head shots and I don't even know if it was a head shot."

But Panthers' defenceman Keith Ballard felt Richards took advantage of Booth's position, something he has a history of doing.

"Richards knows (Booth) is in vulnerable position and goes after him," Ballard said. "He's done it before. That's the same stuff they've been trying to cut out. The thing with Mike Richards is he's a good, honest player. I love a lot about his game. He does a lot of things well, but then he does that stuff."

Go ahead and circle December 21st on your calendar...

Here's the hit in question, thanks to our friends at CSN-Philly and the NHL

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brad Richards plays for the Dallas Stars.