Friday, October 30, 2009

JB Gerald: Locksley Choked And Hit Me

((HT: Schlabach/ESPN))

ESPN's Mark Schlabach has been chasing the whole JB Gerald-Mike Locksley altercation and plans on reporting more on it Sunday on the four-letter. He has, apparently, unearthed some stuff that may support Gerald's claims...

ESPN tracked down the Albuquerque police reports...

"Next thing you know, he's jumped into my lap," Gerald said. "He put his hands around my collar and neck and was choking me. He's pulling me up out of the chair, and I grabbed his hands so I could get them off my neck."

At that point, Gerald said, New Mexico quarterbacks coach Tee Martin and offensive tackles/tight ends coach Cheston Blackshear grabbed his arms to pull him away from Locksley. Mike Degory, who coaches the team's centers and guards, was trying to restrain Locksley, Gerald said.

"All the coaches kind of rushed over, and Tee and Cheston grabbed me by my arms and Degory grabbed Locksley,"
Gerald said. "But Locksley's hands were free and he was just throwing punches. He was throwing punches and hit me right in the mouth. I could taste the blood in my mouth."

According to an Albuquerque Police incident report, a copy of which was obtained by ESPN.com and "Outside The Lines," Gerald suffered a split upper lip and scratches on his arms.


Remember... all this stuff got Locksley suspended from coaching the New Mexico game against UNLV- which really may have saved Locksley more Pepto-moments since they couldn't even beat the Rebels.

New Mexico has, consistently, been at the Bottom of the OSG Barrel this season on the "OSG Sports College Football Preview Show"

But, hey, UNM denies anything more than a scuffle...
This week Locksley is back to work...
Here's what that looks like, thanks to our friends at KRQE-TV in Albuquerque...

No comments: