Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Just Because its Snowing...The SI Swimsuit issue is here...


Okay, this one may set off some debate amongst the OSG, but since I am in the Northern Outpost, it has snowed 6+inches today and it is really cold, I am going to break with our no cheesecake rule.

By now most of the world knows that Mrs. Andy Roddick (Brooklyn Decker) made the cover of the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit issue. And since we cover Sports and this is from a Sports magazine...I say...let's run with it.

If you flip through the pages of this fine example of photojournalism, you will also stumble across some interesting participants. U.S Winter Olympians Lindsay Vonn and Hannah Teter are among several athletes featured within the pages.

Now, this issue perennially brings out the prudes and the horndogs all across the country. We aren't siding with either one of them, though I will add, that I have been a loyal subscriber to this magazine since 1981 (yeah, I'm old). I suspect that TLB (The Lovely Bride) may not be thrilled that I posted this, but she isn't really thrilled that the magazine will be showing up in our mailbox today or tomorrow either.

((SI cover and Lindsay Vonn Photos//Courtesy: SI.com))

As far as we are concerned, we do find it interesting that the Olympic athletes are involved. Normally they stay away from things like this. Though we suspect that we know the answer to this...what do the readers think? We are just curious....

No comments: