Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Canseco Gets Bashed In MMA Bout

This falls under the much used phrase "desperate times call for desperate measures." Jose Canseco is a desperate man who needs money. So to score a big payday Canseco walked into an MMA ring in Tokyo, Japan Tuesday to fight a 7 foot 2, 330 pound South Korean named Hong Man Choi and you guessed it, Canseco got the you know what beaten out of him.

A minute into the fight, Canseco seemed to twist his right knee and was hobbling around the ring. Canseco tried a leg kick and that was when Choi, a sumo wrestler, went for the kill dropping Canseco and landing blows to the back of his head and it was all over. The fight only lasted 1 minute and 17 seconds with Choi winning by KO.

Hit the play button to watch this bout. It won't take long. (Thanks Youtube)



After the fight, Canseco was quoted by the AP: "I hurt my knee back home real bad but I didn't want to disappoint the fans," Canseco said. "I knew that at some point during the fight my knee was going to give out and once I was down I knew I wasn't going to get up. He's just too heavy to move."

Obviously Canseco was way over his head with this new venture into MMA. According to reports Canseco was quoted Monday at the pre-fight press conference, "I'm not gonna lie to you, 'm scared," Canseco said "This guy is huge. I'm a 44-year-old rookie and have had a lot of challenges in my baseball career and hopefully, I can do well tomorrow." So the former slugger was defeated before he stepped in the ring.

Canseco knew how to bash a baseball 500 feet while fully drugged up but he can't bash in the ring. I'm willing to bet his MMA career ended under a mountain of a man from South Korea.

Photo Courtesy: Inouye/AP

1 comment:

Nomad said...

Jose Canseco is a powder puff compared to Hong Man Choi; he didn't stand a chance