Sunday, May 24, 2009

Daly Pretty In Pink


((HT: ESPN))

John Daly ((pictured, thanks Warren Little/Getty))wore bright pink trousers during Sunday's final round of the BMW PGA Championship in a gesture of support for Phil Mickelson's wife after she was diagnosed with breast cancer.

Amy Mickelson was diagnosed last week with the disease and received a message of support on Friday from Darren Clarke, who lost his wife to breast cancer in 2006.

"I had a pair, so I figured I'd do that for her today. I thought it would be a good gesture,"
Daly said of his trousers. "I know Phil very well and I know Amy. I've known them for a long time -- we've played the Tour together. She's a great lady. She has always been a sweetheart to everybody."

Daly had not yet spoken to Phil Mickelson, but said he had been impacted personally by breast cancer.

"I sent out a media message," Daly said. "He's probably surrounded by callers right now and I didn't want to bother him. I'm sure everybody on Tour and everybody in the world is thinking about her.

"There's been some [breast cancer] in the family and a lot of friends. It's just a tough thing women have to go through. But if they caught it in time, it is curable."

No comments: