Monday, January 11, 2010

BREAKING NEWS: McGwire Admits Steroid Use

CBS Sports is reporting Mark McGwire has admitted he used steroids off and on for nearly a decade, including when he broke baseball's home run record in 1998.

The HQ is of the opinion that McGwire saw his hall of fame voting numbers dwindling and is doing this as a bit of damage control...

McGwire says in a statement: "I wish I had never touched steroids. It was foolish and it was a mistake. I truly apologize. Looking back, I wish I had never played during the steroid era."

The St. Louis Post-Dispatch continues:

"I remember trying steroids very briefly in the 1989/1990 offseason and then after I was injured in 1993, I used steroids again," McGwire said in his statement. "I used them on occasion throughout the '90s, including during the 1998 season."

Until his statement and interview, this was McGwire's only association with the whole steroid saga...
((HT: C-SPAN))


McGwire says he, now, just wants to help his team- eventhough he, apparently, screwed up Matt Holliday's swing... but will this help his Hall Of Fame quest...???

Read McGwire's Statement here...
The Cardinals response is here...

Here's Big Mac with Bob Costas on the MLB Network...
((HT: MLB Network/ESPN))


The only issue with this that the HQ has is that McGwire says he's sorry that he "has to" apologize. "Have to" is far different than "want to..."

No comments: