Thursday, January 14, 2010

Thanks Ruffin McNeill, You're Fired...


A little Coaching Carousel tidbit this morning courtesy of Texas Tech, Tommy Tuberville and the middle of nowhere.

The guy who was Tech's interim coach for their bowl game, Ruffin McNeill was let go this morning along with 5 other assistants from the now departed Mike Leach regime.

The story from the Dallas Morning News RIGHT HERE.

((Ruffin McNeill needs a job//Courtesy: Rivals.com))

McNeill was the only person other than Tuberville who was interviewed for the then vacant head coaching job and was the popular choice amongst the players to be Leach's replacement. No word on his future though hopefully the way he handled things in Lubbock amongst the craziness at the end of the year will speak well for his prospects.

According to Tech athletic director Gerald Myers and several others, the Red Raiders are attempting to hire Alabama's Associate Head Coach/Linebackers Coach James Willis. Expect that announcement sometime in the next few days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm Hispanic and even I know that he didnt get a Head Coaching job because hes black.

Makes me sick!

Makes me so sick!

Anonymous said...

A typical "executive" action. I know B.S. when I step in it, and no one smells more strongly of it than the Tech Athletic Board. I'm sorry for Mr. McNiell; I hope he winds up with a much better position, which he deserves, with better associates.

Old Tech Grad (no longer a supporter of Tech athletic management)