Monday, January 4, 2010

Seeing Redskin Red...

OK, it’s time for me to vent.

Daniel Snyder is the worst owner in NFL history. Even worse than Al Davis. I say this as a long-time Redskins fan.

I miss Jack Kent Cooke. During Snyder’s reign of terror, he’s had six coaches. SIX coaches since 1999! ((pictured right, courtesy of the Four Letter))

Let’s count ‘em:
1. Norv Turner (2 yrs under Snyder)
2. Terry Robiskie (1 yr)
3. Marty Schottenheimer (1 yr)
4. Steve Spurrier (2 yrs)

5. Joe Gibbs (4 yrs)

6. Jim Zorn (2 yrs)


Will Mike Shanahan be lucky number 7?

Nothing will change until Snyder sells the Redskins. The Redskins will NEVER be successful with Richie Rich owning the team. I remember one season in the early 2000s where he signed and fired something like 8 kickers in one season. Exaggeration, I know…but come on! This is NOT fantasy football!

Finishing dead last in the NFC East is NOT Redskin football.

Was this season’s debacle all Zorn’s fault? Nope. Losing to the Detroit Lions? Despicable.

Shaun Suisham missing a chip shot FG to beat the Saints? Story of this season.

There’s a reason people call them the Deadskins.

Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE the ‘Skins. I’ve been threatening to jump off of the DC wagon for years now, but my love of the burgundy and gold keeps pulling me back.

I hate losing to Dallas, Philadelphia, and New York. I hate that Jason Campbell has had to learn four different offensive schemes in four years.

One of my friends compared Washington’s draft over the last five years to New England and Indianapolis. The Skins drafted one offensive lineman, and the Pats/Colts drafted ten. You could put Johnny Unitas and Walter Payton behind a crappy O-Line, and they won’t do squat.

We spent millions of dollars on oft-injured Albert Haynesworth. For some reason, we brought back Fred Smoot – the ONLY player that makes Deion Sanders look like Ronnie Lott. Not to mention his Minnesota “Love Boat” shenanigans.

Long story short, this is not the Washington players’ fault. They’re doing the best they can with what they have. When you have a weekend warrior running the team into the ground, what else can you do?

Hail to the Redskins…maybe someday I can say “Hail victory” again…

I’m not usually this deep, just deep in it…

No comments: