Friday, January 23, 2009

Can The Playmaker Be A Star Maker?

Proof again that the Dallas Cowboys oh so badly want to a more of a cult of personality than a football team another Cowboy drama is coming your way.

Michael Irvin, the play maker of the Cowboys' Super Bowl championship teams of the 90's, is becoming a star maker. Irvin will executive produce and host a reality show where 12 contestants will compete for a spot on Dallas' 80 man training camp roster.

Cowboys owner and GM Jerry Jones has given his blessing for the project and will appear on the show. I don't know where Jones will appear on the credits but I'm sure there is a speaking part for him. My suggestion is ring master since he has created a circus in Big "D".

Not to pass up a chance to make love to a camera lens, Deion Sanders will appear on the show to. Former Cowboy coaches will be cast as well. Just don't give former Cowboy assistant coach Joe Avezzano a speaking part, might need sub-titles.

"This is a dream of mine also." Irvin told ESPN.com "This is an opportunity for me to talk to these young men and share some of the wisdom that I've gotten on and off the field."

"I've been waiting to do this since the first time I watched 'American Idol.' 'American Idol' is about singing and dreams. This is about football and dreams."

The show is set to air this spring. Where.... I don't know.

If you interested, go to michaelirvin.com for casting. Good Luck.

The OSG posse will take a pass on this one.
Photo Courtesy: Getty Images

No comments: