Saturday, January 3, 2009

Sid Acts Like The Kid

And, by that, we mean acting slightly below the age listed on his driver's license and birth certificate...

Remember when the Pittsburgh Penguins Sidney Crosby nut-shotted the Atlanta Thrashers Boris Valabik a few weeks back and got no hammer dropped by the league office...?

They now have another opportunity to do a make-good...

Saturday afternoon Crosby, apparently, pearl-harbored the Florida Panthers Brett McLean off a face-off with the Pens down 3-1 in the second period of their game. The Panthers won 6-1.

"I asked him to go, and he said yes. And usually, yes means yes," said Crosby. "I mean, I wouldn't have wasted 20 minutes in the box for that. I guess he didn't take me serious. I don't know, it wasn't worth 20 minutes, though, that's for sure."

"You don't jump a guy while his head's down taking a faceoff," Panthers alternate captain Bryan McCabe said. "That's pretty immature and childish."That's not what the game needs, you know what I mean? But whatever. We beat them where it counted, and that's all that matters. We needed those points."

Decide for yourself...
((HT: FSN Pittsburgh/the youtube))

No comments: