Wednesday, January 7, 2009

It's Official, Jags Jets Out Of Boston College

Boston College athletic director Gene DeFilippo has followed through and fired Jeff Jagodzinski as head coach. DeFilippo said Jagodzinski was fired because of a "difference of vision for the future."

DeFilippo had warned Jagodzinski on Saturday that his job would be in jeopardy if he went through with an interview with the New York Jets regarding their head coaching position. Jagodzinski met with the Jets on Tuesday night.

"A coach of his talents and personality will have many future opportunities and I am certain of his continued success." DeFilippo said.

"My family and I have enjoyed and cherished being a part of this great community," Jagodzinski said in a statement. "I would like to thank many people, especially Father Leahy and Gene DeFilippo, for the privilege to work here. I am so proud of what these student-athletes and our staff have accomplished during our tenure here. I wish everyone at Boston College the best in the years to come, both on and off the field."

Defensive Coordinator Frank Spaziani is expected to named interim head coach of the Eagles.

No comments: