Monday, March 16, 2009

Bryce Brown Heads To UT

((HT: WVLT-TV))

The top recruit in the nation will be a Tennessee Volunteer.

Running back Bryce Brown chose the Vols over Oregon, Kansas State, LSU, and Miami, signing with the school at a press conference Monday afternoon at the Kansas Sports Hall of Fame.

"I asked God for a sign before I left to go to Tennessee...Before I left, got the sign and I knew in my heart I'd be a Volunteer."

When a reporter asked what the sign was, Brown said, "I knew it in my heart."

Brown also praised the UT coaching staff.

"I feel that's the school the school that's gonna prepare me the best to go to the next level," Brown said. Brown rushed for 1,873 yards and 29 touchdowns as a senior at Wichita East High School. He committed to Miami, where his brother is a linebacker, in February of 2008 but visited several other schools after making his commitment.

Brown visited Tennessee this past weekend, watching the Vols practice Friday night and leading Tennessee fans to think the Vols were right in the thick of the race to sign Brown.

Here's the presser thanks to WVLT-TV

No comments: