Thursday, March 26, 2009

Gillispie Singing The Blues & Might Be Looking For Work

Kentucky's hoop season is over and the Billy Gillispie era appears to be coming to an end.

TrueBlueKentucky.com is already reporting that Gillispie has been fired by UK. Sources in Lexington have told OSG that their is nothing to report...yet.

Gillispie was asked after the Wildcats 77-67 loss to Notre Dame in the NIT quarterfinals about being judged after 2 years on the job he said "There's only one judgment that I will really ever be concerned about, and I hope I pass that judgment. That's the only one I will ever be concerned about, and I'm really proud that's the only judgment that will ever have a real effect on me, and I hope I pass that one with flying colors."

The Lexington Herald-Leader feels something is going down. John Clay from the Herald-Leader writes: The nearly foregone conclusion is that he hasn't passed UK's judgment with flying colors, that President Lee T. Todd Jr. and Athletics Director Mitch Barnhart will announce soon that a change is being made, that a 40-27 record and a differing interpretation of job description will cause the program to move in a different direction.

It is OSG's opinion that Billy Gillispie will be unemployed by this weekend. He never really won the hearts and minds of the blue bloods in Kentucky.
We will take our opinion a step further. Kentucky will offer the world and then some to Florida head coach Billy Donovan. I would bet Billy the Kid is ready for the Kentucky challenge. Donovan has probably realized that backing out of the Orlando Magic job was a mistake and he has maxed out the hoop program at Florida. You can bet Kentucky will come a callin'.

Photos Courtesy: Getty Images

No comments: