Monday, April 27, 2009

Eben Britton Is Pissed


((HT: Orlando Sentinel/Jim Nasella))

Arizona Offensive tackle Eben Britton is a large man.
At last check 6-5, 317 pounds worth of blocking madness...
Now, he just just a big, ol' ball of 2nd-Round hate.

"I couldn't be happier than to be picked by the Jacksonville Jaguars but I was [ticked] off," he said of not going until the second round. "There isn't a better organization that I could have asked for, but every team that passed on me will regret it for the rest of the history of their franchise."
The drop in the draft was just the latest in what Britton, a two-time captain at Arizona, says has caused him to play with a chip on his shoulder since childhood.

"I was always told I wasn't big enough, fast enough to play," Britton, 6-5, 317, said. "Well, the chip just got a little bigger and somebody's going to pay."
He said he also has an agenda entering the league.

"I want to lead the Jacksonville Jaguars to the Super Bowl and I want to become the greatest tackle in the history of the NFL," he said.

Britton, who will probably wind up playing right tackle, apparently also has a chip on his shoulder with some draft experts who weren't too complimentary about his skills heading into the draft.

"You know what, if one of these draft guys lined up across from me they'd be dead, so that's not something I'm really concerned with. If you want to line up across from Eben Britton you're going to know what's happening to you, I guarantee you that."
KGUN-TV's Jake Knapp caught up with Britton Saturday.
Knapp got the G-Rated version of Britton's anger...

No comments: