Monday, November 16, 2009

Bud Adams Salutes The Buffalo Bills

Ok, so we really didn't know what to make of this story when we saw it because it was well...kind of odd. Apparently Tennessee Titans owner Bud Adams...all 86 years old of him, was seen...uh...shall we say pointing towards the Buffalo Bills at the end of Sunday's game and showing them that...uh...they were #1, or to be precise, flipping them the bird.

More from the Nashville Tennessean RIGHT HERE

The video...from the YouTube:



Well, it wasn't "Super High Quality" video, but it was pretty evident as to what that was...wasn't it? It's not exactly something that you would expect to see from an 80+ Multi-gazillionaire NFL owner. Oddly enough, NFL Commisioner was at the game and sat with Adams for most of it, though he had left before the game ended. We suspect this may not go over so well in the league office...just a hunch.

Oh...here is Adams' apology, issued this morning: "I need to apologize for my actions yesterday near the end of the game. I got caught up in the excitement of a great day, but I do realize that those types of things shouldn't happen. I need to specifically apologize to the Bills, their fans, our fans and the NFL. I obviously have a great deal of respect for Ralph Wilson and the history we have shared. I also understand there will probably be league discipline for my actions and I will accept those."

Wonder how much Bud had to drink during the game?....just sayin'


UPDATE: Jim Wyatt from the Tennessean reveals that the Adams' Salute has become one of the more expensive middle-finger moments in recent memory...

To the tune of $250,000 for "conduct detrimental to the league."

No comments: