Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Avery And An Agent Go Head-To-Head

((HT: ESPN/HRC/TSN1050 Toronto))

What would happen if you cut the following PSA reinforcing your belief system...?


Apparently, if you're Sean Avery, an agent ((not your own)) decided to chide you for your stance...

"Very sad to read Sean Avery's misguided support of same-gender 'marriage.' Legal or not, it will always be wrong..."

That was a tweet from Todd Reynolds, VP for Uptown Sports Management, who believes that marriage should always be between a man and a woman.

Reynolds didn't stop there...

"To clarify. This is not hatred or bigotry towards gays. It is not intolerance in any way shape or form. I believe we are all equal. But I believe in the sanctity of marriage between one man and one woman. This is my personal viewpoint. I Do not hate anyone."

Reynolds was a guest of FOSG James Cybulski on TSN Radio in Canada...

"It's my opinion and it's something that's an easy response, Todd Reynolds commented on that and it's his position," said Reynolds. "I've already been asked what happens if my clients disagree with this opinion and that's fine, we're going to disagree on all kinds of issues in life but we have to be able to talk about them. If Mike Fisher or any other client of ours agrees or disagrees on this position is of no consequence and they shouldn't feel compelled to comment. I feel that if Sean Avery or any other player can comment on one side of the discussion, then I work in hockey and I'm in hockey 24/7, why can't I comment on it as well."

The HQ is smirking at Reynold referring to himself in third person. It also is smirking at Reynolds' assertion that his stance isn't intolerant or bigoted. If he believes we are all equal, then what's the hold-up on marriage...???

He just destroyed his own argument...
The interview C-Bul did with Reynolds is hyah...

No comments: