Saturday, August 9, 2008

Safeco Sojourn

OK, I decided to take a road trip to the Emerald City of Seattle, and take in a Mariners game. Desperate, I know. I was hoping ManRam would have been traded to the M's instead of the Dodgers so I could have seen him, but hey, I still had Ichiro. Check out the photos below...



Ichiro has had such an effect on this city, I saw M's schedules in 10 different languages - Cantonese, Japanese, Chinese, etc. Every time he came up to bat or when into right field, the stands erupted.

Saw a great Dave "My, Oh My!" Niehaus tribute before the game started, after his long-deserved entrance into the Hall of Fame. Pretty cool.

Safeco Field is actually pretty cool. The set-up inside reminds me a LOT of Turner Field. Even though it looks like an unfinished airplane hangar from the outside, the inside is pretty cool. The skyline views are amazing.

And the chocolate covered strawberry kabobs were cool, too...ya just gotta try 'em.

Reporting from Seattle..
John V. Wood

No comments: