Sunday, March 1, 2009

Ott Suspended Indefinitely Pending Hearing

Dallas Stars forward Steve Ott was suspended indefinitely without pay by the NHL on Sunday pending a hearing for receiving a match penalty in a game against the Anaheim Ducks.

Ott and Anaheim's Travis Moen got into a fight following the Ducks' 4-3 win over Dallas on Saturday afternoon. Ott was given a match penalty for attempt to injure as a result of the incident.

Here's the fight between Moen and Ott, but not before JS Giguere took exception to Ott's shenanigans in the first place...
((HT: Hockeyfights.com))


Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News caught up with Moen and Ott.

Ott ((eye)) gouged Anaheim's Travis Moen in the scrum.
"It was an accident. I didn't mean to do it," Ott said.

Moen said he was upset by the incident.
"You don't like it when a guy eye-gouges you after a fight," he said. "You know, I guess he felt he had to eye-gouge me. I don't know. Maybe it wasn't intentional. Maybe he was just trying to get at me, and was pulling, and got my eye or whatever."

No comments: