Saturday, April 4, 2009

Theus "Absolutely" Interested In Arizona Job


((HT: Arizona Republic/Steve Rivera))
Steve Rivera is hot on the trail of Arizona's new head coach- whoever it is...

"I think it's a great job in a great conference," Theus told the Tucson Citizen's Geoff Grammer via phone from California. "For me, with my ability to recruit the West Coast and all over the country, it's a great job for me.

"And it's a job I look at as my last basketball job."


Theus was coach of the Sacramento Kings until last December. Before that, he was the head coach for New Mexico State.

Rivera also decided to make his own list of people to target for the opening since the names who have turned it down includes guys like Floyd, Few, Sean Miller of Xavier, Jeff Capel, and UNLV's Lon Kruger.

He's suggesting guys like Seth Greenberg, Clemson's Oliver Purnell, and Creighton's Dana Altman.

Those of us at OSG HQ don't ever think Altman will leave Omaha. Or, if he does, he'll change his mind a day later. But no one wants to be at a school that will be dealing with NCAA sanctions- unless you're Tom Crean.

Hey, is he available...?

No comments: