Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Maualuga Changes DUI Plea To Guilty

((HT: WCPO-TV Cincinnati))

Cincinnati Bengals LB Ray Maualuga has changed his mind and has now pleaded guilty to DUI and careless driving back on January 29th.

His statement in court was a little like this:

"I would just like to apologize to my family, Mike Brown, the Bengals organization and coaches and teammates and fans and city of Cincinnati for bringing such humiliation and embarrassment to the team. Secondly, I would like to thank everybody, the Bengals organization family and friends for being by my side and supporting me throughout all this. I will learn from this and become a better person and a better man from all this and I will assure you this will never happen again."

Kenton County ((KY)) District Court Judge Ken Easterling sentenced Maualuga to seven days in jail but put the linebacker on two years probation in concert with that sentencing.

If Maualuga stays out of trouble for the next two years, he won't have to spend those seven days in jail...

Maulaluga also released a statement to the public about the situation, as did the Cincinnati Bengals. The Cincinnati Enquirer has the statements RIGHT HERE

Here's the cruiser cam tape of Maualuga having problems...
Thanks to our friends at WCPO-TV...

No comments: