Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Herschel Walker Football Comeback.... Seriously

[HT: Philadelphia Daily News]

Read the story HERE

Not sure which personality is speaking here but Herschel Walker, who will turn 49 March 3rd, thinks he can contribute to an NFL team.

"Right now, if you asked me if I can play today, there's absolutely no doubt in my mind I can play football, that I can help a team out," Walker said in a teleconference promoting his upcoming bout with 27-year-old Scott Carson in a Strikeforce event in San Jose, California. "I can 100 percent guarantee you I can help a football team out . . ."

"I think I'm a better conditioned athlete right now than I was when I was playing. I'm 48 now, and I'm in better shape now than I was in my early 20s playing football."

That maybe so however your pushing 50 years old. What's Herschel's 40 time now? 5.2? A 50 year old body recovers from the pounding a whole lot different than when your in your early 20'

Or just maybe Herschel Walker has found the fountain of youth.

Or maybe someone told Walker the USFL is making a comeback.

No comments: