Thursday, January 27, 2011

DEVELOPING: OJ Mayo Gets 10-Game Suspension

((HT: NBA))

From the NBA their own selves...

O.J. Mayo of the Memphis Grizzlies has been suspended without pay for 10 games for violating the terms of the NBA/NBPA Anti-Drug Program. His violation of the program
involved a positive test for dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA).

Mayo’s suspension will begin with tomorrow night’s game between the
Grizzlies and the Philadelphia 76ers.

Mayo said in a statement quote:
"I'm extremely disappointed that I'm going to miss the next 10 games, particularly as our team is making a push for the playoffs. I had no idea that the over-the-counter supplement that I took was a substance banned by the NBA. It was an honest mistake, but I take full responsibility for my actions. I apologize to my fans, teammates and the Grizzlies organization for regrettably not doing the necessary research about what supplements I can put in my body."

More when we know more...

In the meantime, here's a story ESPN's E;60 unit did on him before all his stardom...
((HT: ESPN/youtube))

No comments: