Sunday, January 23, 2011

Why Is Evander Holyfield Still Fighting...???

The short answer is: "Probably, because he needs the money..."

At the Greenbrier Resort in West Virginia, Holyfield was trying to win the WBF heavyweight title from Sherman "The Tank" Williams...

From all indications, Holyfield was winnig the first two of three rounds, but after a head butt and a "clash of heads," the fight was declared a no contest...

Here's the last half of the fight...
Al Bernstein's commentary is priceless...
((HT: PPV/Youtube))


Holyfield wants a rematch...
Ugh...

"I'll just have to make an adjustment," Holyfield said. "I've had 11 setbacks [counting Saturday's no-contest] but I don't quit. I'll shake it off and I'll be back."

Holyfield's next scheduled fight is in Denmark on March 5 against Brian Neilsen.

No comments: