Monday, April 6, 2009

Wake up, James Johnson!

((HT:WRAL))

OK, when you beat Carolina and Duke, then that's a good day. When you lose to Va Tech, Ga Tech, and Florida State following those big games, and then to Cleveland State (wtf??) in the NCAA first round, you stink. I've been a Wake Forest fan since I played football there in the early 90's, so don't say I'm a hater when I call out sophomore basketball forward James Johnson.

According to Dane Huffman and WRAL, "Wake Forest sophomore James Johnson will enter the NBA draft...Johnson, from Cheyenne, WY, told the Wyoming Tribune-Eagle, 'My mind's made up; I'm going to enter. I think I'm ready now.' Johnson told the paper he is currently interviewing agents."

My mind's made up. I think I'm ready. *kaffkaff*BS*kaffkaff*

James, you're not Chris Paul.

I've never understood why a student athlete leaves a university to enter the NBA. Football doesn't do it. Baseball doesn't do it. Why is basketball so special?

Yes, there are players like KG, King James, and Kobe that can skip college, but also look at Sebastian Telfair? What's gonna happen to them when their career is over?

I'm not really hating on James - I think he's a helluva player. But why leave Winston-Salem, Ziggy's and Little Richard's BBQ early, the smell of magnolias and curing tobacco in the spring, Reynolda Hall, the Quad, and the Tye-Die nation...when the NBA will still be waiting for you in a couple of years?

I'm old school. Get a degree, then get a NBA job. You gotta think to the future.

Someone explain to me - why is basketball different? Why does it allow for players to leave early when others don't? Come on, OSG Nation...give me your thoughts...

Brother J-Dub

No comments: