Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Gill Staying at UB

Once again, the OSG knows when something is up...

Wasting no time and knowing that University of Buffalo Head Coach Turner Gill ((pictured, thanks Getty Images)) was next on everyone's hit list to fill a coaching vacancy, UB signed Gill to a contract extension through the year 2013. The pay raise he is receiving will make him one of the highest-paid coaches in the Mid-American Conference.

The contract also has that lovely "roll-over" language we like to hear about so much.

"On the day I came here to be the head coach, I told my team that one day we would be successful here at the University at Buffalo," Gill said in a statement released by the school. "Now, more than ever, I have never been more proud to be the head coach of this program at this great academic institution. This program has proven it can win now and it is built to continue to win in the future. I am grateful to president John Simpson and athletic director Warde Manuel for their continued support and faith in me as a football coach and leader of young men."

WKBW-TV catches up with Turner Gill in black...

No comments: