Saturday, January 1, 2011

BREAKING: Non-AQ Rejoice As TCU Wins Rose

Tank Carder's batted-down pass by Wisconsin's Scott Tolzien preserved the 2-point lead of TCU in the Rose Bowl in Pasadena.

Waymon James converted a key third-down and four with under a minute-and-a-half to go and TCU gives the "little guy" everywhere hope in the big bowl games as TCU holds on to win the Rose Bowl 21-19.

TCU Head Coach Gary Patterson said: "This is for everybody. I got texts from Boise State today. I got texts from all across the country and we won this for TCU First. I can't tell you how much I love my guys.

"I can't say enough about Andy Dalton."


Andy Dalton added: "It sounds amazing. We're thrilled and we're happy with victory. We weren't just playing for TCU we were playing for all the little guys out there today."

When Carder was asked about the game-preserver: "It's just the way it happened. I went to go blitz and I just jumped up and swatted it away. It feels so good to bring this win back for TCU and for the program."

Now it looks like Bob Schieffer gets to collect on his bet from Madison's WISC-TV's Susan Siman... evidence below...
((HT: WISC-TV))

No comments: