Monday, October 13, 2008

Tommy Bowden Gone At Clemson

Tommy Bowden has stepped down as Clemson head coach.

According to clemsontigers.com, Bowden and Clemson Athletic Director Terry Don Phillips agreed that Bowden would no longer be the head coach.

Quoting clemsontigers.com, "Terry Don Phillips approached me this morning and we agreed that this is the best solution for the direction of the program," said Bowden. "Clemson has been very good to me and my family. Both of our children are Clemson graduates."

"I appreciate the opportunity Clemson University gave me and the support of the administration while I was here. I also want to thank all the players and coaches who worked so hard for this program the last 10 years."

"I wish Clemson University nothing but the best in the future."

As reported earlier, Bowden's contract states that if he's fired before December 1st, the school owes him $4 million to be paid semi-annually through the length of the deal.

Bowden leaves Clemson with 72 wins, 3rd most in school history but he never won an ACC Championship during his tenure.

Photo Courtesy: Getty Images

No comments: