Monday, November 2, 2009

Gillispie Pleads Guilty To DUI

((HT: WKYT-TV))

Billy Gillispie was arrested in August in Anderson County after officers pulled him over and saying they smelled alcohol on him.

Today, he entered a guilty plea for driving under the influence, releasing a statement through his lawyer.

Gillispie says "I made a mistake and admitted to my mistake today to Judge (Linda) Armstrong. I accept the penalty she has imposed. I want to apologize to the people of Kentucky, my family and friends, and I want to thank all of those who have reached out to me over the past several months with kinds words of encouragement and support."

Gillispie's penalty includes paying a fine of more than one-thousand dollars, suspension of his drivers license in Kentucky, and completing an alcohol drivers education program.

The county attorney, Bobbi Jo Lewis, says she was satisfied with the penalty.

"Mr. Gillispie has been treated the same as any other person who appears before the Anderson district court charged as he was, no better and no worse", says Bobbi Jo Lewis.

Here's Tamara Evans package from the courthouse- inside and out...
((HT: WKYT-TV))

No comments: