Monday, November 2, 2009

PGA Tour Gets Its First Doping Suspension

((HT: CBSSports))

Doug Barron has been suspended for a year by the PGA Tour for violating its anti-doping policy, the tour announced Monday.

This is the first suspension under the two-year-old policy and begins immediately.

"I would like to apologize for any negative perception of the tour or its players resulting from my suspension." Barron said, "I want my fellow tour members and the fans to know that I did not intend to gain an unfair competitive advantage or enhance my performance while tour."

The tour had no further comment.
Of course not...

Barron, 40, made no cuts in four Nationwide and one PGA Tour events this year. He has $2,724,280 in career PGA Tour earnings and most recently had five top 25s and earned $731,990 in 2005, with a best finish of third that year.

But he's probably more well known for this moment on tour when he went shirtless and showed the golf-viewing public his golfer tan...

((HT: PGA/USA Network))

No comments: