Friday, May 13, 2011

Killebrew Entering Hospice Care

((HT: KARE-TV Minneapolis-St Paul))

Minnesota Twins Hall of Famer Harmon Killebrew announced that he has ended his agressive treatment against esophageal cancer and is entering hospice care.

"It is with profound sadness that I share with you that my continued battle with esophageal cancer is coming to an end," Killebrew said in a statement released by the Minnesota Twins. "With the continued love and support of my wife, Nita, I have exhausted all options with respect to controlling this awful disease. My illness has progressed beyond my doctors' expectation of cure."

Here's Renee Tessman's piece from when Killebrew was first diagnosed back in late 2010...


Killebrew was supposed to throw out the first pitch for the Twins this season at Target Field, but was too sick to do so...

No comments: