Monday, April 26, 2010

Jeff Gordon Is Not A Happy Teammate, Johnson Admits Fault

Back to the end of the stock car event at Talladega from Sunday afternoon...

It was the first-time ever in the history of the Green-White-Checker format of "Overdrive" that we went to the third attempt to get it done...

Or as Fox's Mike Joy calls it: "Checkers or Wreckers"

Here's your checkers...
((HT: NASCAR on FOX/MT89MotorSports))


And here's your wreckers that took out Jeff Gordon and Jeff Burton...
((HT: NASCAR on FOX/500bennu))


So, naturally, the 24 is not pleased with the 48...
Have you ever seen Gordon this way...???
((HT: NASCAR on Fox/StewartHaasNewman))


MONDAY UPDATE: The 48 has fallen on the sword in this one...

"I misjudged the closing rate," Johnson told The Associated Press. "We all make mistakes, I am no different.

"Certainly, that was my fault. I made the mistake there."


Johnson also said that he would have hung around the track had he known that Gordon was so pissed at him. He had already bailed by the time Dick Berggren asked the 24 what the burr was under his saddle...

"I would have stuck around if I knew what was waiting for me," Johnson said in a phone interview with Jenna Fryer.

"There's no doubt after the fact that frustrations are high, the wreck just compounded it," Johnson said. "I think he was speaking out of frustration."

No comments: