Monday, April 26, 2010

Ken Green's Return To Golf

Ken Green became the first amputee to play in a Champions Tour event last week.

The Liberty Mutual Legends of Golf tourney in Savannah was the first time he has competed since his brother, girlfriend and dog were killed in an RV-accident back in June. Green had to have his lower right leg amputated after the accident.

Then, over the holidays, Green lost his son to an overdose while he was at SMU studying his undergraduate work.

Before the tourney, he talked to Tom Yantz of the Hartford Courant, and he was understandably nervous: "Some of it is knowing I'm not ready. Part of it is that some of me thinks I can still play. I don't want to screw up."

"There are probably two things that stick out for me," he said. "One is competing again. Golf is everything to me. I love golf. Some guys play golf just because they're damn good and they make a living. I love golf. I'm in the Arnie Palmer thing. 'Go out and play.'

He did just that...

Here's how FOSG's Frank Sulkowski and Allen Kinzly were around for the return...
((HT: The CoastalSource.com))


Ken, you didn't screw up...
Here's Rich Lerner's piece with Green as he started his rehab...
((HT: GolfChannel/GolfsHome))

No comments: