Friday, April 23, 2010

"Get Off My Mound..." Braden to A-Rod

((HT: Traina))

The HQ heard about this driving from the Nationwide tournament in Valdosta yesterday.

The Oakland A's Dallas Braden didn't like A-Rod returning to first by running across "his mound." Is the pitcher's mound sacred territory...???

Dunno, but to Braden it is... here's the reaction from afterwards...

"He's a tremendous player and a tremendous talent, and I don't care if I'm Cy Young or the 25th man on a roster; if I've got the ball in my hand and I'm out there on that mound, that's not your mound. You want to run across the mound? Go run laps in the bullpen. That's my mound."

Rodriguez responded by saying, "He just told me to get off his mound. That was a little surprising. I've never quite heard that -- especially from a guy that has a handful of wins in his career."

A-Rod with the burn... haven't heard those since high-school...
Here's the play...
Thanks to MLB Network/CSNBA/baseballjeremiad

No comments: