Wednesday, October 20, 2010

DEVELOPING: Kahne Released From RPM

Like, now...

Kasey Kahne was set to join Red Bull Racing next season as a placeholder/seat warmer until Mark Martin decides to retire from his chair at Hendrick. At that time, Kahne would jump into the number 5 seat...

But Kahne's jump to Red Bull can start immediately if not sooner...

Kahne thought he had a good car at Charlotte last week, but his brakes failed- causing Kasey to blow up and team members to jam at him behind his back...

"It's not like you have half-brakes, like you can pump them," Kahne said at the time. "Your foot goes to the floor. It bottoms out. It's a joke."

"I'm not going to say names, but I was told that I need to start doing my part," Kahne said of an unnamed RPM employee. "I can't control the issues I've had this year. I don't know how many parts I've broke. If I really thought about it, I could come up with all kinds of stuff.

"You can't control that as a driver. I'm doing my part. I just need the car. I work as hard as anybody out there."


Remember, RPM had financial problems and was purchased by George Gillett. They had more financial problems and have been a poor association with Richard Petty.

As a flashback, here's the end of Kahne for RPM...
((HT: NASCAR Images/ABC/Youtube))

No comments: