Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Matt Diaz Helps Philly Security

((HT: SportsSouth/MLB/MLBAM/Youtube))

The Atlanta Braves season seems to be in somewhat free-fall these days, but left fielder Matt Diaz gave a Philadelphia fan some free-fall of his own last night.

You know those one piece suits that make kids look creepy...??? Someone wore one last night and rushed onto the field at CB Park thinking their anonymity would add speed to their on-field dashing abilties.

It was working for a while, then Diaz stepped in and tripped the kid- slowing him down enough for the tackle by the resident blue jackets...

"I thought he was coming at me," Diaz said, "so I was ready at first. I didn't want to get hurt, and I didn't want to hurt him," Diaz said. "So I stuck my foot out.

"I figured the guy would probably rather I trip him than get tazed."


Here's the outfield assist... before it gets pulled down...


The HQ would have agreed with Homer Simpson for once- the clothesline would have been so choice in this situation...

No comments: