Thursday, July 7, 2011

Damon Evans New Gig: Consulting

((HT: savannahnow.com))

Looks like Damon Evans new gig is consulting for Division II Savannah State...

Noell Barnidge is reporting that
he has two sources saying Evans will be looking at the Athletic Department that has had 7 AD's and four school presidents since 2004.

Marilynn Suggs was fired Wednesday after less than seven months on the job. State's interim president Cheryl Dozier announced her decision to make a “change in leadership in the athletics department” and appointed men’s basketball head coach Horace Broadnax as interim AD.

From Barnidge, who reached Suggs by phone:

“It was a surprise,” Suggs said. “After being told that I didn’t do anything wrong, I’m extremely disappointed. The momentum for the athletic program was forward, the trajectory is up. I competed for the position based on a stability thing and building relationships, and so there is now no stability, from my perspective. Stability was the number one thing I brought to the athletic department.”

When asked about her future plans, Suggs said, “At this point, I’m not willing to go into that. It’s still very new and, like I’ve told people, it’s like an out of body experience for me. I’ve never experienced this before. Since this is so very new, I have a lot to think about. I can’t answer that.”


Here's coverage from FOSG "The Big Guy" Frank Sulkowski on all of this...
((HT: The Coastal Source))


Sidebar: Since Easter Sunday, two football players and a women's basketball player have been arrested- the football players for differing drug charges, and the basketball player for fighting in public.

No comments: