Saturday, July 9, 2011

Who's Your Papi...??? Ask The O's Kevin Gregg

((HT: MLB/NESN/youtube))

This is what we needed to get the mid-season break going in Major League Baseball- a nice bench-clearing brawl...

Friday night had the Red Sox and Orioles...

David Ortiz never backed down as a batter, and Kevin Gregg never backed down as a closer... and it happened again... with the two of them facing another...

Here's the at-bat... and both times that Ortiz went after Gregg...


"I don't feel proud of a situation like that, but I'm the kind of person that don't like being pushed, you know what I'm saying? I feel like I was pushed last night to do something like that," said Ortiz. "Everybody has a button, and once it gets touched, it changes your mind in a second. So, I guess that was my time."

Gregg was mad that Ortiz, in his mind, took his time when the teams knew it was an out to short right... Ortiz was just, you know, taking his time...

Interesting to see if we get a sequel any time soon...

No comments: