Friday, September 10, 2010

DEVELOPING: Bruce Pearl Is In Deep Doo-Doo...

((HT: GoVolsXtra/Griffith))

The letter of inquiry came in from the NCAA today, and everyone in Knoxville gets to stare at men's hoops coach Bruce Pearl for a change...

Head coach Bruce Pearl loses $1.5 million in salary over the next five years and the $500,000 retention bonus he was supposed to get next November will be deferred until June 2015 as part of UT's self-imposed penalties that were announced today.

"I provided incorrect and misleading information to the NCAA," Pearl said. "I have no tolerable answer for why I didn't tell the truth. ... I let my family down, I let the university down, I let our fans down and I let my players down.

"I have a responsibility to lead by example, and I should expect more from myself and so should you."


Here's the presser in its entirety, thanks to our friends at WBIR-TV...
Vol fans... watch at your own peril...


The HQ was particularly fond of the fire alarm being pulled during Pearl's response... but we still think the program still has a lot of 'splaining to do...

No comments: