Thursday, November 13, 2008

Another Dirty Dozen (Return to the Law of Averages)



So I'm not as Smart as I think I am!

Last week wasn't so stellar for this chooser of choice, a-naylist of anylists, smart ass of smart asses. But then again, it seems like every year at this team, crazy, wacky stuff happens. But as always, the Earth continues to rotate, the cream rises to the top and "The Great Pumpkin" is leaving soon.

((pictured: Daisy the Wonder Dog, Courtesy My Cellphone))

Last week: 10-5. Not bad, but a drop-off from the previous weeks. Overall: 47-15...not so bad, thankfully I'm not picking the Vegas spread though.

This Weeks List:

1. Alabama (Not much arguement at this point. They were lucky to escape Baton Rouge. I can't wait to see the SEC Championship vs. Florida. This Week: Alabama 17, Mississippi St. 10)
2. Texas Tech (I keep saying it, but maybe this is the week. The gauntlet is too tough in the Big 12 to run the table. This Week: Catching a breath)
3. Florida (As much as I hate to say it, they may be the best team overall. They seem to have turned it up several gears here and nobody has stopped them. This Week: Florida 38, South Carolina 17)
4. Oklahoma (They may be the 2nd best of them all. Don't be surprised if they end up in Miami with the Gators. This Week: See #2)
5. Texas (All they can do is sit, watch and hope for a break. I don't think that break is going to be coming. This Week: Texas 41, Kansas 24)
6. USC (Yawn! Dude, the PAC 10 sucks! They will keep winning, but won't gain on anybody above them at this point. This Week: Southern Cal 27, Stanford 17)
7. Boise State (I know, they've been here before and this time they are staying. This is a pretty good team that can beat a lot of the Top 10. This Week: Boise State 34, Idaho 7 Potatoes)
8. Utah (It looks like they aren't going anywhere for at least a week too. If I had to pick, I'd say they are the 2nd "Non" BCS team and that won't get them in. This Week: Utah 31, San Diego State 10)
9. State Penn (Just when you think they had it...they don't. Somehow, I shouldn't be surprised that they gagged, but yet I was. This Week: State Penn 27, Indiana 14)
10. Oklahoma State (I'm not dropping the Mike Gundy's out of the list, I just can't do that. I really expected more last week, but...seh la! This Week: Oklahoma State 37, Ralphie the Buffalo 7 Chips)
11. Georgia (Yeah, they are back in. They seem to have become a Big 12 team...all offense, no defense. Quite honestly the offense is pretty damn good. Watch out for traps this week. This Week: Dawgs 27, Auburn 21)
12 Ball State (The fighting David Letterman's belong...oh yes they do. Easily the best team in their state, they could probably beat most of the Big 10 this year. This Week: Not playing until next Wednesday)

The Bottom of the Barrel:

5. Tennessee (Thanks for coaching us Great Pumpkin. Watch us lose to Wyoming! I hate to tell these guys, but they aren't going to be good for a long time. This Week: Dreaded Bye Week 21, Tennessee 7)
4. Meechagan (Yes, your stuck here for a while. Bwahhaaaa! It's been a long time coming. Please enjoy your stay. This Week: Northwestern 23, Michigan 17)

3. SMU (I don't know why I bother. The June Jones' are just not very good. Just remember "You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave". This Week: UTEP 31, SMU 13)

2. Washington State (Good thing there is no d in Washington. Get it? "D" in Washington! Damn I'm funny. However watching these guys...not so funny. This Week: Arizona State 41, Washed State 7)

1. Washington (Well, there's always Seattle Super Sonics Basketball. No...there isn't? They moved? Maybe these guys should follow. This Week: UCLA 21, Washington 17)

No comments: