Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The Real Dirty Dozen



When the Dust Clears...

After this week, it looks like we might have a better idea of who our BCS teams are going to be. That isn't to say who will be the title teams, but we'll know who will be amongst the final 8.

The Big Game this week...aside from Texas Tech vs. Oklahoma, the Crapple Cup...Washington vs. Washington State or what the rest of us call the "The Worst 2 Teams on the Planet".

Last Week: I believe I ran the table...13-0 (I don't try to pick the spread, it never works out). Overall: 60-15. Maybe I do know what I am talking about? No?

The Best of the Best:
1. Alabama (They get to stay here until they lose. It really hurts to say it, but it is true. This Week: Alabama 10, Bye Week 0, they will live another week)

2. Texas Tech (I keep waiting for them to fail, they haven't. If you can cover Michael Crabtree, you can beat this team, I'm convinced. This Week: Oklahoma 47, Texas Tech 45)

3. Florida (Damn they are impressive. Again, it is painful to admit, but hell, nobody has slowed them down the past 4 weeks. Don't look for that to change. This Week: Florida 51, Citadel 6)

4. Oklahoma (This is a pretty good team, but half the Big 12 is pretty good. This Week: See #2)

5. Texas (Same as the rest of the Big 12. Congrats to Will Muschamp, but how long until the Mack Daddy retires? He's not "Joe Pa" old. This Week: Bye Week loses)

6. USC (Is anyone else tire of these guys? They just kind of slide by. I don't know, maybe it's because the PAC 10 sucks, they could be Top 10 and still not make the Rose Bowl. That would be funny. This Week: Bye Week could upset them but won't)

7. Utah (What a nice story it would be if they could go undefeated. I almost want to say that the bubble will burst...but...nah...let's be optimistic people. This Week: Utah 31, BYU 28)

8. State Penn (I'm just...I don't know...verklempt or something about this. I really don't care for this team and I'm tired of Joe Pa. Just because of that I shouldn't pick them to win, but they are the best of the Underachieving 10. This Week: State Penn 34, Michigan St. 17)

9. Boise State (They're back!!!! I swear Ian Johnson is like Freddie Weygand...an 8th year Senior. But hey...This Week: Boise State 30, Nevada 21)

10. Oh No State (This kills me because I know that if they have to face an SEC team in a bowl game, they will lose by 30 and prove they don't belong here. But right now, they have as good a claim as anyone else. This Week: Ohio State 17, Meech-i-gan 10)

11. Okie State (The Fighting Mike Gundy's still haven't given me a reason to drop them out of here. Hey...if they are good enough for T.Boone Pickens, they are good enough for the OSG. This Week: Mike Gundy 40, Everyone else 0!)

12. Ball State (It sucks they won't go to a BCS game no matter what they do. It would just plain, be more fun if the David Lettermen made it that far. But...what can ya' do? This Week: Ball State 34, Central Michigan 32)


The Bottom of the Barrel:

5. Tennessee Tuxedo (HaHa! I just love the thought of getting to put these guys here. I don't even have to make something up, they really are this bad. Great Pumpkin..."Have a GREAT day!". This Week: Vandy 24, Vowels 12)

4. Meech-ee-gan (Poor Rich Rodriguez...telling fans to "Get a life". Why does everyone seem to make Rich angry? Why did Rich take this job? Why did the Wolverines offer it to him? Way too much to ponder. This Week: See Oh No State above)

3. Schmoo (Is there even anything funny left to say here? I kind of feel bad for them...but what is the old saying? A little help? Can't think of it....Anyway. This Week: Bye Week 27, SMU 10)

1/2 Washington and Washington State (Wow! Can you believe that these two are actually playing this week? Come to think of it, they may not believe it. Sadly one of them has to win...don't they? Isn't this the "Apple Cup"? Maybe it could be re-titeled "Applesauce"! Oh...damn...that's funny!. OK, no it isn't...but neither is this game. This Week: Washington 10, Washington State 10 and we all get a good laugh!)
((photos courtesy of ME!!!))

No comments: