Sunday, December 12, 2010

Did Jets Coach Trip Dolphins Player...???

((HT: NFL on CBS/Youtube))

What would you do to win...???

Apparently, anything if you're a New York Jets coach and your team isn't scoring against the Dolphins...

During the Jets 10-6 loss on Sunday, Jets' strength and conditioning coach Sal Alosi intentionally tripped Miami cornerback Nolan Carroll as he ran out of bounds on punt coverage.

The rookie fell to the turf while running down the sideline, and Alosi later admitted he interfered with Carroll- sticking his knee out in almost knee-to-knee contact.

"I made a mistake that showed a total lapse in judgment," Alosi said in a statement. "My conduct was inexcusable and unsportsmanlike and does not reflect what this organization stands for. I spoke to Coach [Tony] Sparano and Nolan Carroll to apologize before they took off. I have also apologized to Woody [Johnson], Mike [Tannenbaum] and Rex [Ryan]. I accept responsibility for my actions as well as any punishment that follows."

Here's the totally uncool play...


Channing Crowder's response was, indeed, awesome...
"They're cheaters. They do what they do. They cheat. They talk junk. But we beat the hell out of them today.

"I wish they'd tripped me. I'd have broken that old man's leg. I didn't see anything. He stuck his leg out and tripped him? He should be ashamed of himself. A grown man from the coaching staff? That's high character."

No comments: