Friday, December 31, 2010

Fox Out In Carolina

The Carolina Panthers said today that the contracts of head coach John Fox and his staff would not be renewed after this season.

Fox has a 73-70 regular season record in his nine years in Charlotte and a 78-73 record overall.

“I told John today that I appreciate everything he has done for us over the last nine years, but as happens in this business, it is time for both sides to move in different directions,” said Owner/Founder Jerry Richardson. “While we haven’t accomplished all of the goals we set as an organization when we signed him in 2002, we have certainly had our share of high moments – the Super Bowl, two NFC Championship games, and a division title in 2008. We wish John and his family the best going forward.”

Here's that Roman Numeral Classic against the Patriots...
((HT: ESPN2/NFL/Youtube))


Fox ends his Carolina career when the Panthers close the regular season at Atlanta.

“I appreciate the opportunity Mr. Richardson gave me to be a head coach in the National Football League nine years ago and to be a part of this organization,” said Fox. “I have formed many close relationships and I have many great memories. I particularly want to thank the players for their efforts throughout the years. Working with so many great people has been a rewarding experience.”

No comments: