Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Krzyzewski Wins Game Number 879, Ties Dean Smith


Monday night the top ranked Duke Blue Devils easily defeated Elon at Cameron Indoor Stadium 98-72 giving Mike Krzyzewski 879 wins, tied with Dean Smith for second all time. Tar Heel fans must love that.

WRAL's Jeff Gravley stands by the large monitor and Jason Jennings has the scoop from Cameron Indoor. (Thanks WRAL-TV, Raleigh, NC)



Coach K says he respects Dean Smith but wants more out of his Duke team. (Thanks WRAL-TV)



Here's highlights of the game. (Thanks goduke.com)




"I grew up in North Carolina. I grew up watching ACC basketball and I have always been a fan of his teams." Elon head coach Matt Matheny said about Krzyzewski after the game. "But the thing that stands out to me about him the most is that he is a great leader. He is a leader of men. To me that is a great role model. That’s what I told him after the game; he is an incredible role model for coaches and he is at the height of the profession, not only a national champion, he’s a national coach and I love the pride he takes in being the national coach.”

Bob Knight is the all-time leader with 902 wins. If Duke keeps winning its possible Kr

No comments: