Friday, April 22, 2011

Andrew Ference: Open Your Wallet

Boston Bruins defenseman Andrew Ference said he didn't mean to do it...
((HT: NHL/CBC/youtube))


And Glenn Healy, the color analyst you heard, was right...

After the Bruins beat the Canadiens 5-4 in overtime to even the best-of-seven at two games a piece, Ference addressed his fickled middle finger of fate...

"It looks awful; I just saw it. I can assure you that's not part of my repertoire. I think my glove got caught up. I can assure you that's not part of who I am or what I ever have been. It looks awful. I admit it and I completely apologize to how it looks. I was putting my fist in the air. I'm sorry. It does look awful. I don't know what else to say."

As a result, the NHL announced Ference was fined $2,500 "for an obscene gesture" during Game 4.

Why, yes he was...

Wonder what happens when he returns for Game 6...???

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Montreal fans deserve it

Anonymous said...

They booed the American Anthem you azzholes!Where's the outrage over that!,and not for the first time!

Anonymous said...

Lived in NE for 40 years.I'm a PENS fan,hated the Bruins,but Ference's gesture for what ever reason has me liking the Bruins a whole lot more.

Anonymous said...

GO PENS!

Anonymous said...

Normally i would think Ference was a little out of line, but not this time. Ference is not flipping off the tv audience or Canada. He is flipping off the Habs fans. They are rude, obnoxious. They boo the National Anthem every game, the whole possibly pressing charges on Zdeno Chara was ridiculous. And they wonder why they are universally hated by everyone and why people dont take people from Quebec seriously. F them

Anonymous said...

I can remember back when former Bruin Derek Sanderson did that exact same thing to the camera when he was in the penalty box. Only his glove wasn't on at the same, so there was no mistaking his gesture. Loved it then and love it now!