Saturday, May 22, 2010

Spieth's 67 Good For Top 10 After 3 Rounds

((HT: MyFoxDFW.com))

John Maginnes of the PGA TOUR Network said of 16-year-old Jordan Spieth’s third round: "That’s a good solid round for a PGA TOUR pro. It’s nothing short of miraculous for a 16-year-old kid."

Speith and Corey Pavin will play together in the fifth-to-last pairing of the final round Sunday at the Byron Nelson in Dallas. Both players are at 6 under, six strokes behind leader Jason Day.

“I think I can make a run,” Spieth said. “I know starting the entire week, y’all gave me odds like 1,000 to 1 or a million to 1. No one expected me to make the cut, and I guess I have an outside chance. If I get the right conditions out there, the wind starts to pick up and I start just droppin’ bombs from all over the place, it could happen, but I’m stressing a lot on the start tomorrow, getting in the crowd early, because I need the crowd behind me to make a run like that.”

It'll be the second day in a row that Spieth is paired with a 50-year-old as Tom Pernice, Jr. was with him Saturday.

By the way, Pernice has daughters who are 15 and 16...

Here's Fox 4's Peter Daut at Las Colinas after Spieth made the cut Friday night...

No comments: